Quality Assurance Team Lead
- - Technology
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, PTO, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Account, HSA, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance: Employer Paid and Option for Additional Coverage, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Employee Assistance Program
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
This is an opportunity to help transform ARCHER's Quallity Assurance group both in the U.S. and our India team and to work in an innovative space where the legal industry meets health care meets fintech.
ARCHER strives to let lawyers be lawyers while ARCHER handles everything else in the course of large mass tort and class action cases. This will be achieved by delivering a differentiating world-class Software as a Service platform to our customers which requires expanding our existing technology team to add depth and capabilities. This role will be a critical part of the technology team tasked with improving and developing new systems critical to the success of the business.
ARCHER is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Director of Quality Assurance to help formalize software testing and establish a QA group with industry best practices. This role is critical since quality is a top priority throughout our organization and our custom software is a key element to our success. This newly created role will implement quality assurance/controls throughout the software development life cycle via Automation, Manual and Performance Testing.
This position is on-site only.
- Define and execute a QA strategy based on our development roadmap, operational challenges, and vision for the QA department.
- Hire, nurture, and lead a world-class QA organization to meet the needs of our growing organization.
- Become a primary owner of the release management process, including defining and enforcing quality and performance standards.
- Architect, plan, and rollout a test automation strategy for all software products.
- Implement and manage a test orchestration, execution and reporting framework that is used by all teams.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas of improvement for continuous quality delivery.
- Develop and evangelize a culture around quality across the entire organization.
- Create quality KPI's for the enterprise and report on a quarterly basis.
- Create enterprise test data sets to test ARCHER Systems software platform end to end.
- Work with development teams to identify and capture test cases of complex front-end and backend systems.
- Lead effort to get further coverarge of test automation while assessing current toolsets for best long term sustainability
- Lead multiple distributed QA teams across the globe including: US based ARCHER QA team members, India based ARCHER QA team members and QA Team members working for our software contract development company.
- Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned people
- Partner with Product and Engineering team members in a fast-paced team to drive the QA efforts, supporting several applications to identify and resolve defects
- Work with the team in developing testing strategy for the project and determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests.
- Champion the use and selection of additional QA tools and continue to improve/shape our testing methodology with a focus on performance and scalability, including refining our automation test strategy, framework and test infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise and collaborate with the development team to continuously improve and make testing an integral part of the software development process using software design patterns and industry best practices.
POSITION LOCATION: Houston, TX
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of QA (Quality Assurance) / QE (Quality Engineering) experience.
- 2+ years hands-on technical leadership and management experience.
- 3+ years experience on using software automtation testing tools such as Selenium, Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, JMeter, ACCELQ
- 3+ years SQL Skills and working with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Scripting experience (e.g. PowerShell, python)
- Experience with GIT and Jira.
- Basic Knowledge of object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web technology and network protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP) desired
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) is plus
- Ability to make decisions and communicate them effectively.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead others in a fast-paced work environment.
- Honesty, integrity, respect, and courtesy with all colleagues.
- Resilient through operational and organizational change.
- Creative with the ability to work with minimal supervision and balanced with independent thinking.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to establish a deep understanding of ARCHER's business.
- Ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team.
- Highly self-motivated.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings