Manager of Data Management
- - Data
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, PTO, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Account, HSA, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance: Employer Paid and Option for Additional Coverage, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Employee Assistance Program
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
POSITION LOCATION: Austin, Texas
FROM THE HIRING MANAGER
This is a chance to have a high visibility high impact role within ARCHER and to continue building the department but more importantly to mentor and develop a rapidly growing team who needs influence and professional development. This is your chance to put your personality and fingerprints on what is becoming the most influential department in the company plus this could be a fascinating experience.
This role needs someone who is an exceptional leader and can relate to the data and PLRP teams. Someone with a great personality and has an affinity for project management and good technical skills- does not have to be advanced.
The ARCHER Manager of Data Management is responsible for and will own the day to day operations of two Data Processing teams within Lien Operations: the Private Lien Resolution Program (PLRP) procesing team and the non-PLRP Data processing team in order to meet deliverables and support business growth.
The PLRP team is the single point of contact between ARCHER and all applicable PLRP Collectors (5 to 6 different vendors with the top one controlling 60% of the volume) and accountable for strategy, data transmission and processing, case analyst work, workload planning and resolution of any issues that arise. The PLRP team will act as liaison and facilitator among various ARCHER business units including Settlement Managers, Lien Team members and other Data Team members to ensure accurate and timely submission and processing of PLRP liens across all applicable Dockets.
The non PLRP processing team requires the The Manager of Data Management to build and implement best practices to collect, aggregate, and manipulate the data inflows ARCHER receives from various large-scale sources. The Manager of Data Management manages a team of analysts who analyze, visualize, and model claims related data. This role also interfaces with crossfunctional teams to help ARCHER deliver high quality, timely information to our customers.
The ideal candidate for this role is flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities, business drivers, organizational needs, and above all a great leader who can relate to their team and build the team as it grows. The Person in this position should be comfortable managing teams in a high-performance, high energy environment with excellent attention to detail and quality control, responsibility, and extreme professionalism while possessing a high degree of urgency.
The Manager of Data Management is responsible for the day-to-day success of the entire Data Team as well as orchestrating the overall strategic vision of the group to ensure proper alignment with ARCHER's volume growth and company goals. Responsibilities of the Manager of Data Management include but are not limited to the following:
- Define and Manage team deliverables by timeline, scope, quality and priority
- Design and implement workload strategies effectively utilizing all available resources
- Report on team progress leveraging defined metrics and ability to create metrics where there are gaps.
- Lead the data team in self-organization and resolving conflicts and issues that occur
- Create and manage procedures and appropriate team structure to successfully accomplish the following:
- Maintain and update lists of participating health plans per Collector per Docket
- Maintain list of applicable terms per Collector by Docket and collaborate effectively with Operations, Data and IT where necessary to ensure terms are applied timely and accurately.
- Maintain copies of executed agreements, memorandums of understanding, or other written confirmations of agreement between Collectors and ARCHER for all Dockets and identify any non-documented gaps for ARCHER leadership.
- Facilitate data transfer with outside agencies
- Extract, manipulate, and analyze case/client data for internal and external use.
- Receive, format, and import client data to the appropriate database application.
- Communicate internally & manage to all applicable Vendor processing timeframes by Docket, including the following:
- Specific dates of the month for claimant inventory submissions, where applicable
- Collector response timeframes
- ARCHER audit responses to collector asserted claims
- Deadlines for the timely payment of finalized liens
- Continually work with and influence Collector agencies to use consistent, ARCHER driven data formats.
- Facilitate the creation of Docket specific auditing protocols with ARCHER internal resources and ensure that protocols are being used consistently by internal processors and any external parties.
- Coordinate with Liens Project Management to execute and prioritize workflow.
- Coordinate automated processes with SQL, Excel, Python, Access or other applicable technological solutions.
- Identify & execute on opportunities to creatively incorporate ARCHER India-based resources
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 7 + years people management experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill set and relational database experience. Basic knowledge of SQL, Python, Tableau, and Access strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated experience working multiple projects simultaneously, producing quality work product and meeting required due dates.
- A high proficiency in planning and executing projects on time or ahead of schedule.
- A high sense of urgency and deadline driven.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Comfortable with quality assurance as part of the process, both as someone who will Quality Control others' work and someone whose work will be quality controlled.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, listening, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Knowledgeable in techniques to solve for gaps in process
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Legal/insurance background is not required but is a plus