Treasury Settlement Manager
- - QSF Administrative - HOU
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, PTO, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Account, HSA, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance: Employer Paid and Option for Additional Coverage, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Employee Assistance Program
COMPANY OVERVIEW - ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology based legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of assisting claimants in receiving their settlement proceeds more efficiently. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and Qualified Settlement Fund Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical record review, plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
Treasury Settlement Managers are expected to manage multiple settlement dockets simultaneously, ranging from several hundred to thousands of claimants. They coordinate with all levels of staff, senior and executive management, and are the point of contact for Clients who benefit from ARCHER's comprehensive suite of settlement administration services. This includes the willingness to learn about ARCHER's assorted service lines and how they impact the treasury process. The Treasury Settlement Managers are responsible for overseeing the entire QSF administration process from receipt of docket information to final disbursement of funds.
The ideal candidates for this role must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business drivers, and organizational needs. They must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various ARCHER teams across the organization–always leveraging warmth, tact, and an aptitude for cultivating strong relationships. Candidates must be comfortable working with a high volume of sensitive and confidential information, with excellent attention to detail. High sense of urgency, responsibility, and extreme professionalism is a must!
• Manage QSFs and dockets simultaneously
• Manage Disbursement of all payments from QSF to law firms, claimants and 3rd parties in accordance with Master Settlement and ARCHER Service Level Agreements.
• Manage payments to lienholders from QSF in collaboration with ARCHER Lien Payment Teams
• Delegate work to Treasury Analysts, Client Service Representatives and utilize company resources to effectively complete work assignments
• Ability to manage and meet competing deadlines and priorities
• Maintain confidentiality of Settlement, Client and Claimant information
• Provide regular, accurate reporting to Clients regarding status of claims across various ARCHER services and multiple QSF dockets (i.e., Releases approved by Defense).
• Ensure quality control for various aspects of each QSF docket, including accuracy of Claimant information and proper execution of legal documents across multiple dockets
• Serve as the external point of contact for inquiries outside of the normal course of reporting
• Serve as the internal point of contact for various processing departments, relaying time-sensitive information in order to timely complete tasks and update Clients
• Create and manage settlement documents utilizing Word, Excel and MS Access
• Maintain and update information in an internal database across multiple dockets
• Prioritize and act on unique issues by determining and utilizing the appropriate avenues, often "on the fly"
• Take initiative to contribute to the Treasury team by stepping in and accomplishing necessary tasks as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred
• 5-7+ years of relevant experience
• 3+ years in a leadership experience
• Litigation experience preferred, such as personal injury litigation or products liability litigation
• Excellent verbal, written, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills including the ability to handle a high volume of email.
• Attention to detail
• Produce high quality, error-free work product in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
• Ability to manage multiple dockets simultaneously, meet competing deadlines and priorities, with the ability to work both independently and on teams
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint). Moderate to advanced Excel Skills are highly preferred
• Experience in Accounting and Auditing a plus
• Experience using QuickBooks preferred
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to exercise discretion in the processing of confidential matters
• Outstanding Client service and decision-making skills