- - Technology
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, PTO, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Account, HSA, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance: Employer Paid and Option for Additional Coverage, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Employee Assistance Program
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
ARCHER strives to let lawyers be lawyers while ARCHER handles everything else in the course of large mass tort and class action cases. This will be achieved by delivering a differentiating world-class Software as a Service platform to our customers which requires expanding our existing technology team to add depth and capabilities. This role will be a critical part of the technology team tasked with improving and developing new systems critical to the success of the business.
We are filling a full time hire position within our Technology organization for a MS SQL Server Database Engineer. This position with help consolidate data from many disparate system into a single MS SQL database. To do well in this role you need to have experience using MS SSIS to ingest data residing in flat files, Microsoft Excel files, MS Access Databases, and MS SQL databases for transformation and delivery into a MS SQL database. Experience with transformational procedures, looping techniques, scripting techniques, and data parsing, data concatenation, and data type conversion are required.
This resource will also be responsible for helping us support legacy systems that rely heavily on SQL Server and SSIS as well as helping ARCHER build its next generation Enterprise reporting and analytics infrastructure.
- Create SSIS packages that consume data in files and MS Databases, transform the data, and load the transformed results into a MS SQL database.
- Create complex stored procedures, views and reporting queries.
- Build Reports leveraging MS Power BI.
- Get up to speed on all ARCHER products currently leveraging MS SQL Server and SSIS in order to provide enhancements, defect resolution and performance optimizations.
- Leveraging Visual Studio and Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA) you will write and maintain C# code to run as scripts during transformations as required.
- Leveraging Visual Studio, you will deploy SSIS packages to various cloud-based environments.
- Leverage MS Excel or other tools you will create and maintain source to target mapping documentation.
- Read, update, and track your progress with JIRA.
- Leverage Git source control as the central repository for you SSIS packages and related scripts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Technical Skills Sets
- 7+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- 5+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server SSIS.
- 5+ years' basic Database Administrator skillsets with strong performance monitoring and tuning skills.
- 3+ years' Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Solutions; specifically, PowerBI.
- 2+ year's Experience with managing CICD Pipelines for Database code/infrastructure deployments
- 3+ year's experience creating ERDs leveraging data modeling tools.
- Experience with Elastic is a plus.
- Experience building AIML models is a plus.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2017 Community edition or greater required.
- Knowledge of SSIS and VSTA and C# required.
- Knowledge of built-in tasks and transformations that SSIS provide natively.
- Knowledge and experience writing control flows, data flows using scope parameters, derived columns and scoped connection managers required.
- Knowledge of GIT and GIT command line required.
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus
- MS .NET C# Experience is a plus
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to establish a deep understanding of ARCHER's business.
- Ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders, technical analysts, and other developers to identify and define specifications.
- Indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
- Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to introduce creative ideas to solving complex problems.
- Ability to identify and introduce scalable tools into the ARCHER technology stack where it makes sense to buy and integrate vs build.
Project and Time Management:
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Ensures risks and issues for delivery against goals are identified in a timely manner and properly communicated.
- Highly self-motivated with entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Ability to deliver plans against high level strategies and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry