Legal Settlement Project Manager (Settlement Manager)
- - Houston, TX
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, PTO, Paid Holidays, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a rapidly growing legal services company that helps attorneys organize and administer complex, mass settlements. We work with Plaintiffs and Defendants to ensure that the administration process is specifically tailored for each docket. Our team is filled with organized, critical thinkers who put their problem-solving abilities together to find and communicate the best outcomes for our clients.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and Qualified Settlement Fund Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical record review, plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
Settlement Managers are responsible for and are accountable for the daily management of multiple specific, mass tort dockets, overseeing the entire process from receipt of docket information to disbursement of funds. These dockets can range from one hundred to several thousand claimants. The successful person in this role will be a self-starter who is comfortable working with a high volume of information and has excellent attention to detail.
The ideal candidates for this role must have flexibility, adapt to changing priorities, business drivers, and organizational needs. They must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various ARCHER teams across the organization with respect and an aptitude for cultivating strong relationships. Candidates must be comfortable working with a high volume of sensitive and confidential information, with excellent attention to detail. High sense of urgency, responsibility, and extreme professionalism is a must.
The Settlement Manager is accountable for the proper execution of all Claims Administration and Settlement Management activities for each docket, including:
- Manage settlement dockets simultaneously for Clients
- File management, including document retrieval, review, organization, and production
- Ability to manage and meet competing deadlines and priorities
- Maintain confidentiality of Client and Claimant information
- Provide regular, accurate reporting to Clients regarding status of claims across various ARCHER services and multiple dockets (e.g., Releases approved by Defense).
- Ensure quality control for various aspects of each docket, including accuracy of Claimant information and proper execution of legal documents across multiple dockets
- Serve as the external point of contact for inquiries outside of the normal course of reporting
- Serve as the internal point of contact for various processing departments, relaying time-sensitive information to timely complete tasks and update Clients
- Create and manage settlement documents utilizing Word, Excel, and MS Access
- Maintain and update information in an internal database across multiple dockets
- Prioritize and act on unique issues by determining and utilizing the appropriate avenues, often "on the fly"
- Take initiative to contribute to the Settlement Management team by stepping in and accomplishing necessary tasks as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent job-related experience
- 3+ years of legal experience in litigation, such as mass tort, class action, personal injury litigation, products liability litigation, or insurance defense litigation
- Excellent verbal, written, and proofreading skill sets with a high degree of attention to detail
- Superior time management, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated production of high quality, error-free work product in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment, with a high level of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- Proven ability to manage multiple dockets (projects) simultaneously, meet competing deadlines and priorities, with the ability to work both independently and work well as a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including mail merge, Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint with over 5 years of business-related practical experience with 10+ years in Windows
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to exercise discretion in the processing of confidential matters
- Outstanding Client service and decision-making skills