- - Technology
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, PTO, Paid Holidays, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
This Business Analyst (BA) role's primary function is to to help with the design and development of ARCHER's future state technology platform ARCHER Connect®. The BA will work closely with a small product team and the developers, interface with all departments of ARCHER to understand and document both their needs and requirements, diagram workflows, evaluate current processes and help design solutions to meet the business needs.
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders, customers and end users
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize requirements
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Refinement, and Sprint Retrospective
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including developing user stories and acceptance criteria in Jira
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new system and develop screen mockups
- Ability to self-task and self-pace; ensuring timely submission of deliverables, triaging duties and responsibilities, and participation in both recurring and impromptu meetings
- Plan out timelines and checkpoints that can be quantitatively evaluated to assist with project planning and setting expectations for vested parties
- Interface with both technical and non-technical members of ARCHER; clearly and efficiently communicating with the terminology and detail appropriate for the audience
- Graph, chart, and clearly document current business processes and tribal knowledge into an understandable format that can be conveyed to parties with little to no knowledge of the subject
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 4+ Years working in the software or adjacent industry, as a developer, project manager, BA, tester, technical writer, or similar fields
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Associate degree in a hard science or analytical discipline
- Extensive computer literacy including not just basic Word/Excel usage but a comfortability with functions such as VLOOKUPs in large sets of data and the ability to learn a new, undocumented software platform
- Workable knowledge of SQL or ability to quickly learn SQL
- Critical thinking skills, and the capability of asking "the question no one has thought to ask yet"
- Bachelor's degree in a hard science or analytical discipline
- Detailed knowledge of SQL, stored procedures, and database design concepts
- Experience with Jira
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings