Senior Settlement Manager
- - QSF Administrative - HOU
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, PTO, Paid Holidays, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
At ARCHER, the Senior Settlement Manager is responsible for, owns, manages and accountable for multiple settlement and claims administration dockets simultaneously, ranging from several hundred to tens of thousands of claimants. They coordinate with all levels of staff including senior and executive management. Settlement Managers are the direct contact with Clients who have contracted ARCHER, to expertly execute the comprehensive suite of settlement administration services. The Senior Settlement Manager is responsible for and accountable for overseeing the entire claims administration process from receipt of docket information to final disbursement of funds. The candidate must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment, work respectfully with an aptitude for cultivating strong relationships, proactively, and productively with various ARCHER teams across the organization and forward facing, with our law firm Clients.
The ideal candidates for this role are professional, flexible, adapt to changing priorities, business drivers, organizational needs, working with a high volume of sensitive and confidential information, with excellent attention to detail. Candidates thrive working in a high performance, high energy environment with a high degree of urgency.
The Senior Settlement Manager is accountable for the proper execution of all Claims Administration and Settlement Management activities for each docket, including:
- Manage multiple settlement dockets simultaneously
- Ability to manage and meet competing deadlines and priorities
- Provide regular, accurate reporting to Clients regarding status of claims across various ARCHER services and multiple dockets (e.g., Releases approved by Defense).
- Ensure quality control for various aspects of each docket, including accuracy of Claimant information, proper execution of legal documents and scope of work across multiple dockets
- Serve as the external point of contact for inquiries outside of the normal course of reporting
- Serve as the internal point of contact for various processing departments, relaying time-sensitive information to timely complete tasks and update Clients
- Utilize company resources effectively complete work assignments
- Prioritize and act on unique issues by determining and utilizing the appropriate avenues, often "on the fly"
- Take initiative to contribute to the Settlement Management team by stepping in to provide support as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of Client and Claimant information
- Create and manage settlement documents utilizing Word, Excel, and MS Access
- Maintain and update information in an internal database across multiple dockets
- File management, including document retrieval, review, organization, and production
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Bachelors Business Administration & Management or similar degree program, paralegal certificate, or equivalent job-related experience
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Expert Excel skills including advanced formulas
- Methodical and structured project management style with on-time delivery
- 7+ years of legal experience, with at least5 years in litigation, such as mass tort, class action, personal injury litigation, products liability litigation, or insurance defense litigation
- Excellent verbal, written, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated experience producing high quality, error-free work product in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
- Proven experience managing multiple dockets/projects simultaneously, ensuring completion to meet deadlines and priorities, with the ability to work both independently and with teams
- Ability to exercise discretion in the processing of confidential matters
- Outstanding Client service and strong decision-making skills
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings