Enterprise Data Architect
- - Technology
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
ARCHER strives to let lawyers be lawyers while ARCHER handles everything else in the course of large mass tort and class action cases. This will be achieved by delivering a differentiating world-class Software as a Service platform to our customers which requires expanding our existing technology team to add depth and capabilities. This role will be a critical part of the technology team tasked with improving and developing new systems critical to the success of the business.
- Participate in creation of the next generation Archer Enterprise data model(s) for software products developed and maintained by ARCHER Systems.
- Complete data consolidation effort of aggregation of data across multiple disparate data sources at ARCHER including data stored in spreadsheets, Salesforce and relational databases such as SQL Server and MS Access.
- Lead the architecture and design of the next generation business intelligence and data science platform at ARCHER including internal and customer facing robust reporting and dashboard capabilities.
- Review existing data models for best practices, recommend and implement changes in future releases ARCHER Software products.
- Assure security of data from external parties and for management of row-level-security within the organization.
- Create high availability, performance and DR strategy for all ARCHER databases and reporting infrastructure.
- Develop scale able and reliable data solutions to move data across systems from multiple sources in near real time as well as batch modes.
- Working with the CTO, CIO and IT PMO define ARCHER Systems next generation business intelligence and data science strategy and technical solutions for use internally and customer facing.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience with data modeling, data management technologies, data integration, data sourcing, data analytics, data warehousing, metadata, semantics and ontologies.
- Expert in delivering business intelligence reporting and dashboards to both internal and external customers of the organization.
- Experience implementing Master Data Management and Data Quality Services
- Experience with Data Integration Concepts, Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL)architecture.
- Ability to work closely with the users, systems designers and the developers on multiple projects simultaneously across the software development life cycle phases (SDLC)
- A history of incrementally transitioning legacy data systems supporting modern, evolutionary architectures.
- Possess a fundamental understanding and experience in educating the business on providing insights and actions through machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques.
- Working knowledge of Big Data concepts in organizing both structured and unstructured data is a big plus.
Technical Skills Sets:
- 7+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- 5+ years' experience with ETL tools such as SSIS.
- 5+ years' basic Database Administrator skillsets and strong performance monitoring and tuning skills.
- 5+ years' Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting platforms such as Tableau and MS PowerBI.
- 3+ years AWS (Amazon Web Services) experience.
- Experience with Elastic is a plus.
- Experience building AIML models is a plus.
- Experience with Data Quality and MDM toolscompetency is a plus. Interpersonal
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to establish a deep understanding of ARCHER's business.
- Ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders, technical analysts, and other developers to identify and define specifications.
- Indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
- Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to introduce creative ideas to solving complex problems.
- Ability to identify and introduce scalable tools into the Archer technology stack where it makes sense to buy and integrate vs build.
Project and Time Management:
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Ensures risks and issues for delivery against goals are identified in a timely manner and properly communicated.
- Highly self-motivated with entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Ability to deliver plans against high level strategies and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings