Legal Nurse Consultant
- - Nurse Consultant
- Remote, TX, USA
Archer Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
Archer's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, plaintiff fact sheet preparation and management, medical records review, and automated solutions for MDL (multi-district litigation). Archer enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
The Legal Nurse Consultant is responsible for working in conjunction with the pre-settlement and claims administration team, performing clinical reviews of medical information as defined by review methodologies specific to the case assigned. Examples include chronologies and timelines, summaries, mass tort matrix as well as medical opinions on case validity and valuation.
- Part-time Contractor Position
- Minimum of 15 hours per week
- Analyzing and summarizing medical records for pre and post settlement projects
- Experience with pharmaceutical, mass tort and other product liability cases a plus
- Assists in the transcription of physician reviews by editing and formatting, as needed
- Assures that all work is completed within contractual deadlines and that all components of the completed review are present
- Delivers final product to the client per client specific contractual guidelines
- Communicates with appropriate parties regarding review
- Evaluates, identifies, and reports on care and other issues
- Participates in the project data analysis, reporting, and feedback processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to analyze and evaluate medical information
- Ability to perform well in team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals
- Ability to function under pressure and with deadline-oriented project demands as well as manage multiple initiatives
Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word, Adobe, and Excel
- Working knowledge in and successful application of basic level of health care data analysis and clinical review
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task
- Strong Computer Skills
- Current RN or Medical License
- Associate degree or diploma (Nursing program) required; Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- 1+ years of medical record/case review or legal nurse review experience required.
- Surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Nursing: 3+ years
- Medical Record Review/ Legal Nurse Consultant: 1-3 year