- - Houston, TX
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance
ARCHER Systems, LLC is a rapidly growing legal services company that provides pre and post settlement administration and resolution services for law firms in complex mass tort settlements. We work primarily with Plaintiff law firms, but also with Defendants, to ensure that our services are appropriately tailored to each settled docket. The ARCHER team is filled with organized, critical thinkers who put their problem-solving abilities together to identify, communicate, and execute the best outcomes for our clients.
Project Manager Role:
The ARCHER Project Manager (PM) role is both Client Facing and Internal Facing. PMs are involved early with Clients and ARCHER Sales to understand service scope and ultimately serve as a service line/location connector and single point of accountability from docket beginning to docket end. They must possess subject matter expertise and tort knowledge or know what subject matter experts (SMEs) in the organization to call upon when needed. PMs engage with ARCHER management to ensure that dockets are progressing through the organization from intake to completion. PMs are exceptionally client service oriented, highly organized, able to anticipate challenges / obstacles across all ARCHER service lines, and organizationally savvy to develop solutions in partnership with all levels of the organization to ensure service excellence. The newly created PM role is seen as a key position within ARCHER and one to which individuals throughout the organization (e.g., settlement managers, client service personnel, etc.) can progress. This role is also seen as a feeder position into more Senior level positions within the organization.
PMs are assigned dockets by the Chief Project Officer.
• Coordinates with ARCHER clients and sales team to provide technical input and assistance in determining services scope and to set expectations. Helps sales identify when a SME may be necessary including for further scope design.
• Client's primary point of docket accountability from initiation through completion. This includes:
o Determining (with clients) how often docket status needs to be communicated and method of communication.
o Assisting with the development of ARCHER's Mass Torts Overview (MTO) when necessary and working with sales to ensure that a docket's services design and scope are communicated to internal stakeholders who are responsible for service execution.
• Maintains awareness of a docket's transition from Sales to Intake to Operational handoff and monitors to ensure timeliness and accuracy. This includes:
o working closely with managers in each engaged service line to have clear understanding of when SMs and CRMs are or will be assigned.
o communicating to clients (as applicable) who, in addition to the PM, will be ARCHER primary points of contact for firms and/or services.
o confirming with applicable service line team members that scope, service design and service agreement elements are fully understood and working with applicable service line team members on any evolving service design.
o keeping track of whether project-based timelines/SLAs are being met for assigned dockets while utilizing ARCHER existing and future technology platforms.
o identifying any tactical or systemic trends negatively impacting a docket and communicating them to the applicable ARCHER managers with a request to fix.
• Establishes the agenda for and leads cross-service line status calls and ensures that any call notes are circulated to all internal stakeholders.
• Drafts appropriate status and instructional communications for Clients, especially as they relate to internal ARCHER timelines to be met by clients on both inventory and consolidated settlement dockets and keeps the Sales team updated on same.
• Ensures that lines of communication among applicable ARCHER services are open and effective, or alternatively identifies bottlenecks and coordinates with the appropriate ARCHER management so that any necessary adjustments can be made.
• Helps to resolve internal conflict and / or help boost morale whenever necessary so that docket timeliness and service excellence is maintained.
• Monitors and is ultimately accountable for key milestones across all services lines for which ARCHER is engaged. This includes:
o Ensuring that service lines know when to commence and/or obtaining from service lines any internal deadlines by which ARCHER must receive client data so that services can commence.
o Soliciting reports from managers regarding docket progress.
o Being aware of invoicing triggers and coordinating with ARCHER finance where necessary.
• Continuously provide status updates to stakeholders throughout the project life cycle. Responsible for reporting the status of a docket to the PM's immediate Supervisor and/or Chief Project Officer, who will provide summary reporting on key dockets to ARCHER executive leadership.
High Level Position Expectations:
• To possess ability to work with clients, sales, intake and operations as an engaged team member and to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy. This includes:
o Occasional travel to meet with clients and/or third-party claims administrators; and
o Rotational visits through the Austin, Houston & Dallas offices of at least once a quarter.
• To know and identify status of all assigned dockets across all applicable ARCHER service lines.
• To proactively anticipate and identify service issues and work with internal managers to rectify same.
• To ensure that docket accuracy, timeliness, and service excellence are met from docket beginning to docket end.
Skills and Knowledge
• Significant experience in a related project management role
• Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of client projects (PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred)
• Proven experience with common project management tools
• Ability to multi-task and manage small-to-large projects in a cross-functional environment
• Experience tracking and reporting project budget performance
• Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
• Skilled at introducing and managing change into the organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functional teams
• Ability to function independently, requiring limited direction
• Ability to negotiate with others to reach agreements / solutions that meet internal and external (client) needs
• Bachelors Degree or minimum of 5 – 7 years of related experience in service sector or project management.
Austin, Houston, or Dallas, TX