- - Probate
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER SYSTEMS
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
The Probate Paralegal processes settlement claims for deceased, incapacitated and/or minor claimants. This role ensures that claims belonging to deceased, incapacitated and/or minor claimants are processed and distributed in accordance with the various applicable state and county laws. The Probate Paralegal is involved from the initial release phase through the final phase of fund disbursement.
- Work directly with, and take direction from, department attorneys to resolve probate and other legal issues.
- Work directly with local counsel from various states to coordinate the probate process with claimants to ensure all respective state statutes are being followed.
- Monitor and manage a large volume of case files.
- Respond to telephone inquiries promptly, professionally, and efficiently to provide first call resolution.
- Understand and resolve client requests, questions and provide analysis of situations to determine best use of resources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
This job is right for you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate
- 2+ years of paralegel experience required
- 2+ years probate administration experience preferred
- Legal Experience in mass tort or QSF management is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomac
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience with Wrongful Death cases
- Experience with cases involving Minors
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus