- - Houston, TX
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER SYSTEMS
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
The ARCHER Solutions Architect is responsible for ensuring that the ARCHER SAAS Platform meets the company's business and technical needs. A few of the main duties of an solutions architect are designing processes, and software to meet the business needs on the ARCHER Connect platform. The Solutions Architect's responsibilities include leading and guiding the ARCHER Engineering team to institue best practices and architectual desgn in the software solutions built at ARCHER. The Solutions Architect will also be responsible for writing code as a member of the engineering team.
To be successful as an Solutions Architect, you should have excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills. You should also have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The job will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Learn and understand ARCHER's Business and Operational workflows.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Determine how the enterprises data is and will be stored and accessed
- Design and build scalable platform services that can be leveraged across ARCHER's various business units.
- Help design and develop complex database management systems with multi-tenancy and robust security protocols in mind
- Identify, mitigate, and manage the enterprise risk profile with specific attention to cyber security and attach mitigation and resilience.
- Develop data management road map that accounts for emerging technologies and the appropriate applications for them within the current framework
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Work closely with Information Technology and IT PM professionals within the company to ensure the appropriate infrastructure components are being provisioned for projects.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Partner with product owner(s) to fully understand the evolving needs of the business
- Work closely with project management teams, operations and business unit groups to deliver on key product initiatives
- Help create and manage business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans as it pertains to software solutions created at ARCHER.
- Provide leadership, guidance and best practices to the ARCHER Engineering groups, both in house and offshore development groups.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field and more than 10 years prior relevant experience
- 7 + years of experience with data modeling and data integration.
- 7 + years of experience with .NET and .NET Core.
- 7 + years of experience working with MS SQL Server.
- 3+ years of Angular Experience
- 3-5 years of experience designing, building, and deploying high-availability backend services in an architect or team lead development role
- Experience with at least one type of queuing system (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc)
- Experience with at least two RDBMS (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, Oracle, etc)
- Experience with at least one document-oriented DB (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc)
- Experience using, designing, and building REST/Web Service APIs
- Team Foundation Server, Jira, Rally, or similar planning & development tool. JIRA experience preferred.
- GIT experience preferred.
- Worked within Agile and Scaled Agile development methodologies
- Developing software on cloud service provider platforms, specifically AWS, and expertise implementing best practices.
- Production experience with container orchestration and maintaining production environments
- Proven track record of designing and delivering data projects
- Experience with Data Integration Concepts, Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) architecture.
- Ability to work closely with the users, systems designers and the developers on multiple projects simultaneously across the software development life cycle phases (SDLC).
- A clear understanding of Functional and Object-Oriented programming paradigms, as well as their advantages and disadvantages
- Systems Integration experience with Accounting and ERP Platforms preferred.
- Experience in the legal space and/or Fintech space is preferred.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to establish deep understanding of Archers business.
- Ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders, technical analysts and other developers to identify and define specifications.
- Indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to introduce creative ideas to solving complex problems.
- Ability to identify and introduce scalable tools into the Archer technology stack where it makes sense to buy and integrate vs build.
Project and Time Management:
- Operates in a milestone-based approach to deliver against overall company goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Ensures risks and issues for delivery against goals are identified in a timely manner and properly communicated.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Highly self-motiving and entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Ability to deliver plans against high level strategies and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.