Medical Records Coordinator
- - Houston, TX
- Full Time
COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
We are looking for a well-organized medical record professional to join our winning team. We are a mass tort litigation company seeking a professional who will coordinate, store, and manage records effectively. This position also liaises with our nurses in reporting and data review.
- Develops and maintains records retrieval processes consistent with best practices.
- Manages deficiencies to avoid delinquent status.
- Optimizes workflow to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensures that the department is working to perform consistent and timely deficiency audits and obtains proper signatures on documentation.
- Maintains consistent communication with managers of other teams to ensure unified workflow.
- Coordinates the efforts and resources for any ad hoc or special project requests or issues.
- Maintains and supervises Medical Records team in day to day operations.
- Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
- Audits records processes and work product for accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Trains, supports, and provides continuous guidance to firm employees on records retention policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience in the field of Medical Records management for mass torts dockets.
- Comfortable with computer use and ability to learn new software.
- Familiarity with HIPAA procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Post-graduate certification studies and professional organization affiliations a plus.
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple priorities.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to client service.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Adaptable to change.