COMPANY OVERVIEW – ABOUT ARCHER SYSTEMS
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate, and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, medical records review, and plaintiff fact sheet and other intake/census preparation and management. ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
Analysts in the settlement management department monitor incoming data from other departments, client firms, and other external entities to facilitate the creation of funding ledgers, payment requests and approvals for funds distribution to client firms, individual claimants/plaintiffs, internal departments and third-party vendors. The analysts also create and maintain ongoing audit and reconciliation of funds of the settlement trust.
The Settlement Analyst is responsible for the following activities:
· Process and Audit Data for payment of all related parties to settlement funds.
· Perform ad hoc client financial calculations.
· Create/Audit Internal and External Reporting.
· Extract, manipulate, and analyze case/client data for internal and external use.
· Create and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets, integration of multiple files and linked data, routinely create mass Microsoft mail merges for generation of account statements.
· Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
· Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situations.
· Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
· Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
· Advise against potential tax liabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 6 years of experience
· CPA Designation a plus
· Must have the ability to analyze large groups of data. Data analytics experience a plus.
· Requires strong proficiency with Excel including complex formulas, macros, lookups, and lookup tables, pivot tables and preparation of spreadsheets for Microsoft Word mail merges using field/switch codes in Word to filter and format data. Proficiency with other common Office suite software preferred. Microsoft Access proficiency a plus but not a requirement.
· Ability to critically analyze spreadsheets from third parties and integrate into internal formats
· Ability and flexibility to work with changing, client-imposed deadlines
· Very strong organizational skills, critical attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Proofreading ability for business-to-business and business-to-client communications a plus
· Document, maintain and organize records with extreme attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to establish a deep understanding of ARCHER business.
· Ability to clearly communicate status to the senior management team.
· Coordinate with business stakeholders, technical analysts and other developers to identify and define specifications.
· Indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
· Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues, and solutions.
· Ability to introduce creative ideas to solving complex problems.
· Ability to identify and introduce scalable tools into the ARCHER technology stack where it makes sense to buy and integrate vs build.