UX UI Designer
- - Houston, TX
- Full Time
About ARCHER Systems
ARCHER Systems is a leading technology enabled legal services company that provides pre-settlement and post-settlement administration services for single event, mass tort, and class action cases with the goal of helping claimants access their settlement proceeds more efficiently and quickly. The company plans to continue leveraging technology and top tier talent to enhance customer service and offer new product lines and services.
ARCHER's core offering is post-settlement Healthcare Lien Resolution Administration and QSF (Qualified Settlement Fund) Administration and payments processing for multi-claimant (mass tort and class action) litigation. Other services include claims administration, single event lien resolution, probate and bankruptcy coordination, release administration, plaintiff fact sheet preparation and management, medical records review, and automated solutions for MDL (multi-district litigation). ARCHER enables law firms to focus on their litigation while ensuring that critical pre-settlement and post-settlement administration documents, services, business analytics and reporting are handled efficiently and effectively.
The company strives to let lawyers be lawyers while ARCHER handles everything else in the course of large mass tort and class action cases. This will be achieved by delivering a differentiating world class Software as a Service platform to its customers which requires expanding our existing technology team to add depth and capabilities. This role will be a critical part of the technology team tasked with improving and developing new systems critical to the success of the business.
- Contribute and advocate for user-centric, intuitive, captivating, user interfaces that fundamentally change the paradigm of, and challenge, current industry standard UI philosophies.
- Create a design system along with design standards and libraries that will be used to collaborate with other designers.
- Creating stunning, intuitive and responsive user interface designs mockups for dashboards, mobile & web applications, interactive simulations, and prototypes.
- Have a strong visual style to be able to generate appealing UIs working against tight deadlines.
- Work directly with product owners, architects, and developers to ensure design is properly applied to the product.
- Create innovative solutions to tough interface challenges.
- Developing engaging & seamless user experience across multiple devices that translates user needs and business goals into innovative solutions.
- Communicating high-level design thinking, strategies and detailed compelling interactions.
- Developing visual design and user experience solutions that work across services and innovating with product teams in visual and motion language (including conceptual thinking, grid, typography, color and overall design patterns).
- Collaborating with engineering team to ensure pixel-perfect and polished applications by providing design guidelines & detailed specifications.
- Work closely and carry out visual quality control with the engineering team to ensure visual aspects of the delivery are in-line with provided design specifications.
- Attend development scrums to consult and provide assistance to peers.
- The job will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Education and Experience Qualifications
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in UI/UX Design and development working with software and product development organizations.
- Experience in 2 or more of the following: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign
- Ability to demonstrate designs with functional prototypes in HTML/CSS, Axure, Balsamiq, InVisionApp, Framer, or similar.
- Deep experience in typography, color schemes, iconography, grid structures and/or design principles.
- Good knowledge of Accessibility and W3C standards.
- Experience developing native mobile applications on all major platforms (i.e., iOS, Android, and Windows) is a plus
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, creative, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to establish deep understanding of ARCHERs business.
- Ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders, technical analysts and other developers to identify and define specifications.
- Indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
- Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Ability to introduce creative ideas to solving complex problems.
- Ability to identify and introduce scalable tools into the ARCHER technology stack where it makes sense to buy and integrate vs build.
- Project and Time Management:
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Ensures risks and issues for delivery against goals are identified in a timely manner and properly communicated.
- Personal Development:
- Highly self-motiving and entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Ability to deliver plans against high level strategies and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.